Introduce yourself

Showcase your creations, share tips and knowledge, ask your questions, and connect with fellow Echotopia creators.
caffeinatedinsanity

Hi all, I'm Justin and I'm excited to use Echotopia to enhance my DnD game. What are you guys excited to use this software for?
MeOldMate

Likewise I will use it with my DnD group around the table but I would also like to use it with my online Dungeon World group too. If we ever get back to playing our SciFi campaign ( that is often table top but sometimes live too) we could use it at a live event and for the short audio plays that we use to back up "off-screen" plot.
Pan Athen
SoundFellas Crew

Hi to all!

I believe that live performance during storytelling sessions is one of the sectors that Echotopia will shine.

There are also many considerations, now with the pandemic, for streaming media. Which services do you use to stream to your friends?
Rinbeastie

Hello everyone! I'm Rin and I'm a musician, cosplayer and Twitch streamer! I hope to use Echotopia to make soundscapes for the tabletop rpgs that I stream on my channel, Call of Dice (currently I'm running the Call of Cthulhu campaign Masks of Nyarlathotep), as well as use it for making cosplay performances and perhaps even in my music!

I'm really excited to learn how to use it!
Pan Athen
SoundFellas Crew

Rinbeastie wrote: 30 Dec 2021 18:14Hello everyone! I'm Rin and I'm a musician, cosplayer and Twitch streamer! I hope to use Echotopia to make soundscapes for the tabletop rpgs that I stream on my channel, Call of Dice (currently I'm running the Call of Cthulhu campaign Masks of Nyarlathotep), as well as use it for making cosplay performances and perhaps even in my music!

I'm really excited to learn how to use it!
Sounds awesome!

It's great to have you on this journey from the beginning. You can really help us shape the licensing and intellectual property policies to help creators and content makers at the same time. This is very valuable.
mariosioan

Hello, I am Marios and we make in Chania/Greece an annual festival about comic, animation, gaming called Chaniartoon. I plan so to use it in gaming sessions, game design, creative workshops and interactive projects of the festival (and for sure live sessions with friends). As a PhD student in the VR gaming field, Echotopia may be very useful in designing sound spaces. Glad to be here :)
Pan Athen
SoundFellas Crew

mariosioan wrote: 31 Dec 2021 14:48 Hello, I am Marios and we make in Chania/Greece an annual festival about comic, animation, gaming called Chaniartoon. I plan so to use it in gaming sessions, game design, creative workshops and interactive projects of the festival (and for sure live sessions with friends). As a PhD student in the VR gaming field, Echotopia may be very useful in designing sound spaces. Glad to be here :)
Hi Marios, happy to have you here!

You are right, Echotopia can have many uses because one of the most usable assets in any storytelling scenario is the use od soundscapes.

I'm very happy to have as an Insider from the start of our journey :)
dionzand

Hi, my name is Dion, I'm from the Netherlands. And I hope to use Echotopia to create soundscapes for art installations (i.e. miniature-scale village). Also I want to explore the possibilities to use it for multi-zone escape rooms :)
Pan Athen
SoundFellas Crew

dionzand wrote: 29 Dec 2022 12:55 Hi, my name is Dion, I'm from the Netherlands. And I hope to use Echotopia to create soundscapes for art installations (i.e. miniature-scale village). Also I want to explore the possibilities to use it for multi-zone escape rooms :)
Hi Dion,

Both are very interesting application fields.

Regarding the dioramas, have you considered using exciters below the set? Something like those: https://www.soundimports.eu/en/audio-co ... /exciters/

I had a lot of success on some custom projects back in the day.

Multi-zone escape rooms are something we are considering developing for.

I posted my answer in your other post here: viewtopic.php?p=167#p167
dionzand

Pan Athen wrote: 29 Dec 2022 13:15
dionzand wrote: 29 Dec 2022 12:55 Hi, my name is Dion, I'm from the Netherlands. And I hope to use Echotopia to create soundscapes for art installations (i.e. miniature-scale village). Also I want to explore the possibilities to use it for multi-zone escape rooms :)
Hi Dion,

Both are very interesting application fields.

Regarding the dioramas, have you considered using exciters below the set? Something like those: https://www.soundimports.eu/en/audio-co ... /exciters/

I had a lot of success on some custom projects back in the day.

Multi-zone escape rooms are something we are considering developing for.

I posted my answer in your other post here: viewtopic.php?p=167#p167
For now I am using cheap PC speaker sets, but I am sure the exciters you mentioned will greatly improve the sound quality, and finish of the design! Thanks for the tip.
Pan Athen
SoundFellas Crew

dionzand wrote: 29 Dec 2022 14:14For now I am using cheap PC speaker sets, but I am sure the exciters you mentioned will greatly improve the sound quality, and finish of the design! Thanks for the tip.
Some of those also have an extra filter to compensate for different surface materials, like wood for example, enhancing the frequency response the right way for a diorama construction.

The only thing that you have to check or control, are the vibrations on the diorama table, you know, so the diorama doesn't get any damage from that. ;-)

I'm very curious about those construction details, so if you have any insights after you build it, please share them. I'm sure many users will be happy to know how to build stuff like that.